Granite Creek holds a 100% interest in the 111 square kilometre Stu copper property located in the Carmacks Copper District of Canada’s Yukon Territory.
The Stu Property is located approximately 47 km directly northeast of Carmacks, Yukon and 210 km directly northwest of Whitehorse, the capital of the Yukon Territory. The Property, which consists of 376 contiguous claims covering approximately 7638 hectares, is on-trend with the active Minto mine with the high-grade Minto copper mine to the north and directly adjacent to Copper North’s Carmacks Project to the south. Vehicle access to the Stu project is along gravel and dirt road and trails from the village of Carmacks, which is a 1.75-hour drive along paved public highways from the capitol, Whitehorse.
The Stu claims were worked aggressively by United Keno Hill Mines (UKHM) in the 1970s and 80s. Some key data from these efforts has been preserved and indicates exceptional potential and strong evidence exists as to geologic continuity of the same mineralized system as hosts adjacent and proximate mining projects.
First 4-6 Months
- Compile all historical data into 3D digital data base and begin target development and refinement work
- Evaluate condition of the old core to determine if any re-assay or re-logging is warranted
- Initiate permitting process for 2019 to support exploration drilling and trenching program
Subsequent 4-6 Months (2019 Field Exploration Season)
- Establish exploration camp
- Complete infill soils and geological mapping where required
- Extend and rejuvenate existing trenches
- Discovery focused drill program following up on historic drilling and new targets