In November 2020, Granite Creek Copper completed its acquisition of Copper North Mining Corp, combining its Stu Cu-Au Project with the PEA-stage Carmacks Cu-Au-Ag project, thereby consolidating the southern half of the productive and highly prospective Minto Copper Belt in Canada’s Yukon Territory. This 100%-owned, 176-square-kilometer Carmacks property is on trend with Minto Exploration’s high-grade Minto Copper-Gold Mine to the north and its excellent access to infrastructure includes the paved Yukon Highway 2 within 60 km as well as grid power within 12 km.
Granite Creek has emerged as a significant new copper-focused exploration and development company with an updated NI 43-101 mineral resource estimate announced in March 2022. The 2022 resource represents a major increase in tonnage and contained metal compared to the previous resource estimate, with over 8,200 m of infill and expansion drilling in 25 holes completed by Granite Creek since its acquisition of Carmacks in 2020. The Company is expecting to publish an updated Preliminary Economic Assessment in 2022. The Carmacks project remains open to significant expansion within the resource area and to new discovery at the underexplored, yet highly prospective, Carmacks North target areaand exceptional expansion potential. Minto Copper Belt
The Minto Copper Belt is a 180-kilometer-long by 60-kilometer-wide belt of intrusion-related, high-grade Cu-Au-Ag deposits within the Dawson Range in the central Yukon Territory of Canada. The District is host to the operating Minto Mine and Granite Creek’s Carmacks Project. At Carmacks, copper mineralization is contained in foliated to gneissic material, generally similar to the Minto mine.
PRIORITIES AND NEXT STEPS:
- Acquired previously unreleased data from airborne survey
- Completed resampling program – Results pending
- Completed inaugural drill program – results pending
- Completed acquisition of Copper North Mining
- Released results from 2020 exploration program
- Launched 2021 drill campaign early May
- Completed 20.8 line km IP survey
- Completed Phase 1 diamond drilling, launched Phase 2 RC, announced addition of Phase 3 diamond
- Rolling assay results from 2021 exploration program (Complete)
- Updated 43-101 mineral resource estimate (Complete)
- Updated economic study